This moon milk is absolutely dreamy! If you have never heard of moon milk before, it is a delicious way to help you achieve your deepest sleep. So go ahead and make this warm and comforting drink part of your new favorite bedtime routine!
This recipe can help you relax in a big way because it features ashwagandha — a medicinal herb classified as an adaptogen — meaning it can help your body manage stress by releasing anti-stress hormones into your body.
This tart and fruity cherry variation of moon milk has many benefits, but apart from the goodness you get on the inside, adding anything to your bedtime routine can help to train your brain and body that it’s time to wind down.
Thanks to Montmorency U.S. Tart Cherries, we get to slip into a dreamy slumber a little bit easier now.
Total time: 10 minutes. Yield: 1-2 servings. Cooking Level: Beginner
- 6 oz almond milk
- 4 oz Montmorency tart cherry juice
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ashwagandha
- dried culinary rose petals
- Heat almond milk and tart cherry juice over medium heat in a small pot for about five minutes.
- Remove from heat before boiling begins and whisk in honey and ashwagandha.
- Top with rose petals and drink warm.
- If you want to make your moon milk really frothy, you can use an immersion blender or just a regular one to incorporate air into your mixture!
- If you can’t find or don’t have rose petals, don’t worry! Even though they are beautiful to look at, the sleepy benefits of this moon milk will still work without them.
- Try adding some warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to your moon milk to make your bedtime routine extra cozy.