Fall is setting in and October is here! Do you know what that means? It’s pumpkin time and these muffins will definitely satisfy all of your fall cravings!
Perfect for chilly mornings and afternoon snacks, these muffins are full of warm spices and sugary goodness. Thank you to the University of Nebraska – Lincoln for posting this delicious recipe!
Yield: 36 mini-muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup quick oats (for topping)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (for topping)
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine or butter (for topping)
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (for topping)
- Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray or use mini-muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, quick oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Break the egg into a small bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking the raw egg. Add pumpkin, milk, and oil to the egg. Mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Mix topping ingredients. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffins. Bake mini-muffins at 400°F for 8 to 12 minutes or until evenly browned. Bake regular-sized muffins for 15 to 18 minutes.
Photo provided by Cami Wells.