Our love of blueberries should be neither a secret nor a surprise. Between their high antioxidant content and delicious taste, what’s not to love?
And while we’re currently heading fast towards the winter months, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy these blue powerhouses. Blueberry imports from other parts of the world can bring berries to your local store all year round.
As we move into colder mornings, there’s nothing like a tasty breakfast to make all those less-than-enjoyable but necessary tasks (like getting out of bed) a little less daunting. If you want an option that’s both delicious and blueberry-packed, we recommend this Blueberry Breakfast Bake from Naturipe.
It’s tasty, satisfying, and packed with good things.
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) egg challah or other white bread
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups Naturipe® Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove crusts from bread and cut in 1-inch cubes (makes about 10 cubes).
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes (makes about 1 cup).
- Grease baking dish and place half of the bread cubes in the dish.
- Scatter cream cheese cubes and 1 cup of blueberries over the bread.
- Top with remaining bread cubes and blueberries.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, maple syrup, and butter.
- Carefully pour over bread mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes and serve with additional maple syrup, if desired.